Monday 12 December 2016

Spelling Poem #14: Data

This week we have a poem on graphing. We are learning how to collect data in Math and using that data to make graphs.  We learnt how to make bar graphs and will soon learn another type of graph.  Here is the poem this week:

Data
By J. Nadas

I’ve asked my friends a question
What’s your favourite game?
I’m doing a class survey
Let me write your name.

First I’ll do a tally
I’ll make a mark to show
How many kids like each game
And after that, I’ll know.

Then I’ll make a bar graph
A title, I’ll decide…
The axis looks like one big “L”
Numbers go up the left side.

Games are at the bottom
Hockey, tag and ball
Which game is the favourite?
Which bar will be so tall?


Below are the spelling words for this week:
1) your
2) look
3) like
4) that
5) and
6) go
7) so
8) will
 
Additional Questions:

 
1) What words are in the same word family as look?

2) Write a sentence with these words:

your  ______________________________________________ 

like    ______________________________________________ 

 

3)  Fill in the blanks:

I want to _____ outside to play with the snow.
I ______ go see Santa Claus today at the mall.
 
Hey, look at _______!  It is a Christmas wreath!

No comments:

Post a Comment